Awesome is a distinct and unique community interest company, named by Islington children.
Led by former Islington Council Play and Youth employees, providing adventure play opportunities at its core to children and young people. Since 1976, we have supported tens of thousands of children and young people. Our aim is to bring our expertise and commitment to a wide range of services that serve the communities we work in.
- Our mission is to use our exceptional position as an employee-owned mutual to work alongside communities in providing a fun, safe and challenging environment where Children and Young People can positively develop through play, in their own way, for their own reasons.
- To provide adventure playgrounds that function as safe, welcoming spaces operating with a strong sense of local ownership and social purpose
- To employ dedicated, qualified and creative people who can facilitate and empower Children and Young People to achieve their potential and improve their health, wellbeing and resilience.
- To actively contribute to the local economy and regeneration
- To achieve sustainable long term growth through ethical business practices including employee ownership
- To help to protect and invest in playgrounds for future generations.
- Putting Children, Young People, Families and Carers at the centre of everything we do.
- Providing an awesome service that makes customer want to come back again and again.
- Building an ownership culture where employees love to give their best every day and communities feel pride in Adventure Play services in their neighbourhoods
- Investing any surplus Awesome makes to continuously improve our play offer, facilities and resources
- Wherever possible employing and spending locally
- Committing to professional development and pioneering Play’s role in Society and the Children Services workforce.